Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Its a Wonderful Night

So for the past four days I've been laying on my couch trying to feel better. I can't believe how much this head cold took out of me. It started as just a cough and snowballed into me being sicker than I have been in a long time. Tonight I am finally feeling more like myself. Every day I have been wanting to watch a Christmas movie. I mean as long as it is snowing outside (-20) and I am in here laying on the couch why not try to still get in the Christmas spirit! The Blockbuster down the street from us seemed to be out of Christmas movies and until tonight I have been sadly disappointed with TV's options. BUT tonight the classic "Its a Wonderful Life" was on. Andy had never seen it, and watching it has always been a tradition for my family. Needless to say it turned into a 'wonderful night'. I know its an old movie, but there is something so sweet and touching about the message. I find myself crying when Harry gives the final toast or Annie empties out her secret money jar. It is a movie about love and family, and it was a perfect way to get me feeling a bit better. Andy, who has been attempting to accomplish missions, salvage information,and destroy the death star today, took a break and enjoyed the movie with me. All in all a great night.

No comments: