Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Things to come

So God graciously gives us nine months to prepare for the little bundle of joy He sends our way. In our case this was necessary. I am only a few short months away from her arrival and I feel like nothing is done. So this week we decided to get our act together and start making some decisions and purchases. The most important ones being a new car, since we only have a coupe between the two of us, a parking spot to put the car in, a crib, a bassinet, and a dresser. So far we have succeed in buying a crib, a matching dresser, and we think a car. We still need to sign on the dotted line, but the decision is made. After a bit of a frustrating weekend we also managed to get rid of two of our three couches so that we have a room to put the baby in. Rachel lovingly calls this her room, since it was where she slept when she came, but I think the crib officially makes it Angela's room now. As soon as things are a little more in place I will take pictures to show it off. All through this process I am continually amazed at just how different men and women are. Things that seem so important to me or get so blown out of proportion (like thinking the crib may not come in until her due date) are just taken by Andy in a casual no stress way. In the same light things that seem rather unthought of by Andy ( having cute pictures on the nursery walls ) have come up on my radar as very necessary. Thank God that we balance each other out. I think that may have been the plan from the beginning. In the end our little girl will have a nursery filled with furniture (that is here before her), decorated beautifully, and hopefully this will all be done in a non-anxious manner. I'll keep you all posted!

2 comments:

Mrs. DuPuis said...

Can't wait for pictures!! Yay!

The McDonald's said...

No worries love! I UNDERSTAND! Chris and I had HUGE differences in our thought processes getting ready for Alissa. I think it's also challenging for women in ways, because they have a dream of what their kid's nursery will look like. Then you combine that with reality and a budget...things start changing. You will do great and I can't wait to see pics. Won't be long now!!