Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pepino

So I am embarrassed to say that in early October the Prescott family had a very unexpected house guest. Early one Sunday morning we had a small little mouse run across our kitchen floor. Andy wasn't home at the time and even though Angela kept her cool the same cannot be said of myself. After slowly climbing off the counter and trying to stop screaming we got to church and there put Andy in charge of our little problem. For the next few weeks I spent my days tip toeing around the house, stomping loudly to scare any critters away, and jumping at every noise. We called him Pepino instead of 'the mouse' it sounded a bit better. The problem was solved relatively quickly. We went through the kitchen/ mud room/ and outside of the house stopping up any cracks with steel wool. We then set a few traps and caught our little house guest within 24 hours. I'd say it took a few weeks, but I basically got back to normal and stopped stomping around the house. Well, we still kept one mouse trap out near our dryer in the mud room. Two days ago when putting away some cleaning solution I happened to notice that behind the laundry bag right next to the dryer was the trap TIPPED UPSIDE DOWN. I proceeded to flip, out grab Angela, run out of the room, jump on the couch, and grab the phone. I then decided that even though it was the middle of the day and Andy was at work he needed to know about this ASAP. Angela just sat next to me looking up at me and then peeking over my lap to look at the mud room. Then she would sit back against the couch and contemplate. She would then start again looking at me and then the mud room....I told her Pepino was back. We needed to shut the door and not go in there anymore. I was a bit better this time I am proud to say there were no tears, not really any screaming, and I just avoided the room...no stomping. I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Andy beat me home after I went out to run some errands. I came home to a mouse trap tripped in the middle of the floor with a white washcloth stuck in its grasp. Apparently I had thrown it over the laundry bag and set off the trap myself. Andy, didn't even know what to say....he just smiled and shook his head. Guess Pepino isn't back after all...thank goodness.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh, girl--you CRACK ME UP! Love this story!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you should add a cat to your family! But kudos to Andy for understanding that dealing with uninvited guests totally falls under his job description! :0)