Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ouch

So the past few days we have been experiencing just what teething is really like. Angela had four teeth by her first birthday and besides a day of a little bit of crying she was just fine the rest of the time. So when this week started out with a fever, some very ugly diapers, fits of hysteria, lack of appetite, and trouble sleeping I wasn't sure what was wrong. We went to the doctor and kept an eye on each symptom trying to decipher its cause. Sadly, today at mom's group one of the other mothers described Angela's symptoms to a tee in talking about her daughters teething experience when her eye teeth came in. Sure enough Angela's little gums show a small little tooth peeking through. We have finished day three and with the help of some medicine we actually went to bed tonight on time and even had an OK afternoon. It is just so sad to see her go through something like this and feel helpless. We spent all day in front of the TV watching Mr Rogers just because she loves it, we ate two full Popsicles today just to numb her mouth, and I even tried to help Angela fall asleep by having her sleep in my bed. Of course each effort made me feel as if I was doing something and brought back memories of how loved I felt by my mother whenever I got sick. I guess that's just what you do. I'm game for any other suggestions, but hopefully this is done sometime soon.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

ADVIL! It is my BFF during teething. Good luck! I think molars are worse. I know, doesn't help!