Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Friday, June 26, 2009

Good Morning!

I have come to find that every morning reveals a surprise these days. Each day seems to have new adventures and challenges along the way. I have tried to tell many people over e-mail or phone conversations...but for those of you who don't know yet I want you to know too...so here it goes... Andy and I will be welcoming a new member to our family come this January. We are so excited, and feel like the adventure has already started. We found out quite early and quickly after I started joining into the wonderful world of morning sickness. God gives me the strength each day and each morning I awake to another dose of His grace. With that said I thought I would share some of the discoveries I've made while being pregnant.

-everything has a smell...yes even ice tea or Gatorade
-chicken is one of the most disgusting foods I have ever heard of
-if you don't do laundry you run out of clothes
-three naps a day can be done and you can still get a good nights sleep
-throwing up is a natural part of a day...no worries
-daily food changes its taste..hmmmmm or at least its appeal changes
-telling people you don't feel well inspires people to tell you horror stories about their best friend who was sicker than you...not comforting
-you can be hungry anytime of day even right after a meal
-Canadian doctors are in no rush to meet their patients
-throwing up is a great sign of health ...hmmm for baby I guess...but I may need this one explained again
-whoever came up with preggo pops should be kissed
-coffee never sounded so good
-if you don't cook its hard to have dinner
-teaching your husband to cook can be fun and entertaining


I hope none of these sound like I'm complaining...I simply wanted to share my discoveries....like I said it has been an adventure...one I am very happy to be on! I will continue to keep you all posted....so stay tuned!

9 comments:

SARA said...

nope...doesn't sounds like complaining at all, actually I LIKE your spin on pregnancy...cute cute :)
CONGRATS girlie!!! :) I am sooo happy for you! :)

Lauren said...

You have such a way with words. Even though you totally have a right to complain, that didn't sound like complaining at all. Just make sure you tell your little one when he/she arrives what Mommy went through...and I know it will be worth every second of it!

The Goods said...

sooo excited for you still...keep up the fun blogs like this!!!

The Hollister Family said...

That is sooooooooooo funny I always smell iced tea and people are like you can smell iced tea. It is the BEST smell! And yes chicken has to be one of the MOST disgusting foods. Love you hope you are starting to feel a little better, if not it is coming soon.

The McDonald's said...

aww Carla I'm so happy for you!! Were you guys trying? I was blessed not to have morning sickness, but many women go through it...and they all come out on the other side!! :) Pregnancy is the best experience of a lifetime...Enjoy my friend!!

APage said...

Carla! That's so awesome!!! I'm praying for you! That sounds exactly like my pregnancy so far. I'm hoping y'all have a girl:)

Kathleen said...

I am soooo happy for you. You have been on my heart and now I know why. You guys will make the best parents...Don't worry this will pass and you will soon have your precious one and forget all that stuff. Seeing your pics make me smile. You are one of my favorite people.Love ya

Unknown said...

having cooked with Andy, I wholeheartedly agree with your last observation! Quite entertaining...

Oh and... CONGRATULATIONS!

luke&danielle said...

Hope things are going well with the pregnancy and that getting used to smells and tastes is getting better. We miss you guys, keep is posted on how things are going!