Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Summer time Summer time Sum Sum Summer time

So the real question is where did summer go? I know that I woke up yesterday knowing that I had two months off and then this morning had a work schedule in place. Is it really September already? Did football really start today? I must admit I missed the summer of 2009. Just like in one of those movies where the lead character wakes up 10 years later its just that in my situation I missed my long awaited vacation. So I guess the real question is what did I do this summer that made it pass by so quickly. Well, the first week of freedom was met with visitors hailing from the west and east. Andy's parents as well as our good friends from Houston (Ben and Lauren) came up to Calgary to see the sights...and maybe us too. We had a great week taking in the mountains, stampede, and playing Settlers of Catan.This was when we had a fire "drill" in the middle of the night!
Olympic Park!

Hiking!
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhcSQWm65SLp_PMkot7Kfmyi9-rS_5t_i_QV1o8txjZhONyxq9tATcC8gQCgsXPGvJ4gndqBVM0N4eIP2M1X_Lk2fW3CxdtrWCsD2FXfAaToYm1OeqlLb5QWAQM31zwo6gJgvx9FCr36Xit/s1600-h/IMG_0887.JPG"> Stampede

It passed much too quickly and soon our little apartment seemed to quiet. To ease the pain of their departure we ventured to New Jersey the following weekend to attend one of Andy's high school friend's wedding. Although he had to go back for work I spent the following week in Rochester with my family. After that our roller coaster was in full swing. There was a week of VBS followed by a week long visit from one of my favorite sister-in-laws Amanda





and then a week long trip to Michigan where I caught up with old roomates



and taught dance from dawn till dusk. In between we managed to fit a few backyard BBQ's, two visits to the emergency room, playing in a baseball (softball just to clarify for Andy's sake) league, camping,




teaching dance classes in Calgary, and finally finding out our little surprise is a little pink surprise...



or at least she will be wearing pink to dance class...(we found out we are having a little girl in January for those of you who don't know yet.) All in all a great summer, but it felt more like an exciting dream than two months of activity. As for this blog, I have failed in my attempt to keep it going. Alas, no need to worry it will survive the fall. To those who have been praying for me this summer: Thank you so much! I have needed the prayers and they were worth more than you know. I am so glad that I can look back at this summer with happy memories, but also that it is in the past. Morning sickness was not expected to that degree and all I can say is that I am so grateful for the mercy that I have found in the past two weeks. Our little girl is doing very well, and has at least at this point started to like some of the food I'm giving her. She still isn't a fan of pork chops so we may just wait till she is older to try those again :) but at least she likes spaghetti now! I knew she'd come around. Anyway, I felt a bit as if Andy had lost a wife this summer, and that I had let my friends down as well. I am so grateful for the love and support you all showed....I do feel as if I am back...and ready to go!

4 comments:

The Goods said...

It's a girl! Oh awesome! So excited for you! Any names yet?

Mrs. DuPuis said...

Love the update! Thanks, Carla!!!

Jen said...

Thanks for the update! So glad that you are starting to feel better!

Team Huss said...

Yay! You're back! Thanks for hosting us this summer--it was great! Love ya!