Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I didn't realize that daily random thoughts included what we are having for dinner every night, but apparently that was Andy's interpretation :) So I wish there was an adventure to tell you all about each day, but I guess daily life can be just as exciting. I was enjoying my day today...and by that I mean staying in my pj's, not doing make-up or hair, and just cleaning and cooking. Suddenly the fire alarm goes off, and I have to admit that when I am cooking this happens often....but today it wasn't mine. I finally peeked out the front door and saw the lights in the hallway flashing. So as I have been trained, from all my days in grammar school...and the occasional three in the morning dorm drill...I got my shoes on and went out the door. Surprisingly, not everyone has been trained as I have been. Some people started going in the building. In fact, I passed two construction workers in the hallway and asked if we needed to evacuate. Mind you I was shouting and trying not to have a seizure due to the flashing lights and screeching alarm. They merely nodded that they didn't know and continued to work. I figured that as embarrassed as I was with my roll out of bed look, I would still leave the burning building. I found that I am not the only one who stays in pj's till noon. ( And I won't go further, but I can't believe what one man came out in....and I can usually believe a lot ) As I met my new neighbors, we witnessed two fire engines pull up to the condos. After, about ten minutes of socializing we were ushered back in the building. My adventure for the day!!!!! Anyway, thought you might all like to here about it.  Well, stay tuned Andy might tell you what is for dinner ...I'll write more later
Carla

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Ben would be so proud that you evacuated! Just kidding--he wouldn't care. But it sounds like something I should say about a firefigther, right? But Ben isn't your "normal" firefighter. hehe!