Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The big questions

So our church has been doing a series called "Life's tough Questions."  I am so excited to be in a church that isn't afraid to ask things that seem almost too hard to explore.  The truth of course is that God is bigger than everything and big enough for anything we bring to Him.  So the past month has brought serious discussions and bold preaching.  I've loved it! Today we tackled the popular "science vs God" debate.  In summary our pastor spoke on the Why of creation being the Bible's focal point and it being so often missed because we are so caught up in the How.  He gave lots of statistics and quotes that clearly showed that a Christian can be a scientist and one does not negate the other.  Personally I find it arrogant that we as humans believe that we know enough to draw up a debate with God.  We were convinced at one time that the world was flat until Columbus, and how many ridiculous theories about the human body that were strongly believed to be true were negated once we cut open a cadaver?  The point is that we don't have the whole story, and so faith does play a part in our world perspective.  Whether it be faith in a hypothesis or faith in a Creator we believe to make sense out of our existence.  I know that I am not the world's most educated on this topic and I know that these arguments disturb many.  I guess I just feel that seeing and knowing God in my personal life is evidence of His existence and the details I will wait to speak on until He explains it to me face to face.  I know people aren't satisfied with a non-answer.  But who is to say that we are suppose to have an answer? Maybe we are just to believe,  and allow God to confirm it within us.

No comments: