Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hi Ho Cheerios

So I'm no professional, but I do try my best.  Coming from an Italian family I have a few family secrets up my sleeve and I think for the most part Andy would declare that I'm a good cook.  I'm not entirely sure, but I think so.  He tends to be nice about it when I know its not entirely truthful.  For instance the other night I attempted mash potatoes, that although have come perfect in the past, looked more like they had been chewed and brought back up than anything remotely appitizing.  I couldn't stomache  more than a bite or two, but my devoted husband ate an entire helping while trying to convince me they were fine.  He didn't argue though when I threw out the leftovers.  But seriously for the most part I do well.  On Tuesdays and Fridays I have night commitments, so I usually try to prepare dinner ahead of time.  Well, this past Tuesday the buffet was left overs.  We had a couple of options in the fridge and I figured it would be best to use up what we had.  Instead of choosing off the menu Andy said he' have cereal.  I took this as a " I don't really like the leftovers and will settle for something simple I don't have to clean up." So I then offered to make something new coming up with plenty of intriguing options.  It was then that he stated that we never have cereal for dinner, in a almost disappointed tone.  What??? I steer clear of cereal even in the morning.  I feel like it is milky crackers, not a meal.  Andy actually asked that we put cereal in the rotation and include it in our daily consideration of evening meals.  Stunned I just looked at him, and then I told him I had to blog about this.  Unbelievable! Everyone always told me that the way to a man's heart was through his stomach.  I took this to mean learn how to make pies, and cookies; sauces, and pot roasts.  If the truth be known the actual interpretation is "Buy him a bowl of cheerios, and you'll be a hit!"  Oh brother!

8 comments:

the Wonderspools said...

Ah ha ha ha. Fantastic! And here I thought my days of cereal or toast-and-oatmeal suppers would be pretty much over if I ever got married. Shows how little I know. ;) Though I think my all-time best worst dinner was the night I stopped off at Coldstone for a free sample of ice cream pie and then filled up the corners with more than half of a fresh sourdough baguette. Mmm. That meal was both wonderful and tragic.

The McDonald's said...

You are too cute!! I have had my fair share of bad dinners, but I guess true love is eating a bowl full of awful potatoes :) ha ha
Miss ya girly!

Aunt Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Diane said...

Mmmmm, Cheerios!

The Goods said...

HA-larious! That is one place that our husbands differ....

Jeremy doesn't do breakfast for dinner. I actually love cereal at night every once in a while!

The McDonald's said...

I'm doing well!! I miss everyone in the good old days :) Alissa will be 1 next month. I don't know where the time went. I did see pictures of your wedding and you looked STUNNING!!! How do you like married life? 5 years already for me being married. I feel old. ha ha :) I see you're in Canada now. How did you end up there?

LOVE YA!

Jonathan said...

Would your recipe box be useful? I should probably send that to you.

Cynical DOC said...

Hello,
Family couple people!!!!
I didn't know you could delete comments, though I didn't leave the one here that was deleted. Cereal for dinner, is like gold for Kings. Delicious, smart, and economical, that's how you make a life together. None of this high fallutin' video blog stuff... Keep up the love children... Maybe, just maybe... I'll visit.