Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Monday, March 23, 2009

Dinner Rotation

So it has been way to long since I posted a blog. I am now officially on Spring Break (for two whole weeks!!!!) So hopefully I will daily be filling you all in on our lives the past few weeks. Today I decided to sleep in. There are weeks at a time when each day there is a reason to wake up bright and early. For those of you with children I guess we could say there are years at a time :) Well, I'm not there yet and still enjoy the random day that I can stay in bed until noon. I didn't stay in bed quite that long today, but I'm still in my pj's so what does that say? Anyway, I'm hoping to accomplish a few goals during this time off. One of which I think should be fun...and I wanted to invite you to help me with. I am trying to put together a list of recipes to rotate through each ..week...month...however it works out. So, if you have a favorite recipe please send it my way. Many people gave me recipes when I first got married. Some I have been able to try...others may get their debut this week. Of course there are a few things in particular that I am looking for. I guess I'm just trying to live on a budget and so be responsible with what i am buying and be a good steward of my time. So here are some of the qualifications for making the list:

1) the recipe takes less than an hour to prepare and have on the table (marinating doesn't count if I can throw it together quickly before work and have it sit all day....same with crock pot recipes...something that can be prepared quick and can cook when I am at work)

2) the recipe doesn't involve too many ingredients. I hate trying to quickly put together dinner and needing twenty different things at my fingertips. Something with 5-10 ingredients is ok.

3) the recipe can only require one or two at most 'unique ingredients.' This means that I'm not buying a huge bottle of fish sauce to use just once a month. First of all I end up throwing out any unused product that has an expiration date...and I don't have a pantry to store too many extra products. One day when I have a pantry that can hold enough for me to store different ingredients or a freezer big enough to freeze dinners...I'll consider being more lenient on this qualification

4) the recipe has to be something that can be reheated and still taste good...Andy and I love leftovers for lunch...not big on the sandwich.

Well if you have any suggestions....send them my way!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'll send some recipes your way, but I want something in return...a copy of the rotation you put together with all of the recipes. ;) I mean, if you're going to do all of the work, shouldn't I get some benefit out of it. haha!

The Prescott's said...

i guess so...:)