Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years

So I guess I should write a blog reflecting on this past year and looking ahead to next year, but I'll save that for another day. Today I just want to share a monumental occasion with you all. It is a Carrozziere tradition to have a big lasagna dinner on New Years day. This was started because it is my father's birthday and so he can request the meal for the day. After years of having lasagna on his birthday it has become tradition. In fact if he did request something else I'm not sure we would be able to accomedate it. All of our taste buds have come accustom to welcoming in the new year with lasagna. Now this isn't just a throw it together meal. In fact, although my mother prepares each needed ingreditent even she is not allowed to put this dish together. There is a perfect method and way to delicately make this savory dish. In fact, when i was a little girl i remember feeling as if I had arrived when my dad needed to run and help my mother downstairs quickly and left me in charge of putting together a few layers. He wasn't comfortable leaving anyone in charge, but after two or three years of apprenticing I got my chance to oversee a few layers on my own. Every year my father and I would have a bonding time together of making his favorite birthday meal. Well, with our little one arriving in just three to four weeks Andy and I were not able to travel home for the holidays this year. I woke up today knowing that the new year was coming and if I wanted to welcome it properly I would have to take on the challenge myself. So today after an hour of using every pot in my kitchen, creating a monumental mess of a perfectly clean kitchen, and sparing no counter space I concocted the very first Prescott new year's lasagna. We even have people coming over tomorrow to share it with us. I'm not sure they'll understand the significance...but I do. I have to call my dad just to let him know we'll be celebrating with him tomorrow. For all of those who are now starving after reading this blog, if you're in the area come on over the more the merrier.

No comments: