Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Friday, October 10, 2008

'Visionary'

So here is a poem I wrote a while ago, but I still like! I just thought I would share.


'Visionary'


What are you writing?
I don't know he said

Some of nothing, a scribbled note
A bit of everything, just something I wrote

Then with thoughtful surprise he returned to his page
An intriguing resolve refocused his gaze

Well, what's it about?
I don't know he replied

Butterflies melting and June bugs that sew
Make-believe countries and places I know

Maybe sun drops smiling with crowns on their heads
Apple seeds stewing on sizzling sleds

Silently glancing he winked with a sigh
His rustling pages reclaiming his eye

Well, what's your idea?
He smirked and then smiled

Symphonies unraveling and tapestries that sing
Clouds that tell stories of princes and kings

A dance where you laugh and kick till you bend
Fly as you melt and leap, leap till the end

His pen kept its tapping as he drifted away
No doubt contemplating this movement array.

Why are you writting?
His ears perked to a grin...and his pen was laid down

....Ah my friend you have asked a good question...

To dare and inspire dreams that have fallen
To awake dormant minds for children to crawl in

For nonsense to be; imagination to breath
Igniting the seas, reasons to believe

For there's endless horizons where hues may be spoken
Colors splashed within reach of lives that are broken

Carla Jeanne Prescott
( and in all fairness I must give credit to my editor Harlan Alford)

No comments: