Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lunch date

So today Andy and I decided to mix it up a bit. Due to a few unfortunate events (broken toe in particular) I was not able to go to dance today, so Andy decided to come home for lunch. Just mixing up the day was fun!

In other news we watched Kung Fu Panda last night. For all of you out there still on the fence about wasting money on renting it...do it...I can be a tough critic and I loved it!

I am practicing having my pinkie finger press the return button at my friend Lauren's request :)

So, I have always loved to cook. In fact, my last year of high school I took a gourmet food class and almost went to culinary school. Even in college I took a nutrition class just for fun! So, Andy just came home for a simple lunch today, but I was so excited just to have another meal to prepare....I'm such a dork. I realized that today a bit more, but I also have begun to try and take my 'hobby' a bit more seriously. I'm not about to go start school all over, but I think I am going to invest more of my time reading up and practicing in the kitchen. With all of the junk out there these days I'm excited about learning how to make some of my favorites from scratch and in the meantime learn about keeping my husband and I healthily.

Most of this has been sparked by a new book I picked up over Christmas. It is titled "Eat this; Not that" Interestingly enough this book doesn't tell you to avoid chocolate, ice cream, peanut butter, and other such foods I love...In face it doesn't focus on a commentary about diets or even what you should eat. Instead it compares the most popular food in the supermarket and tells you what brands or types are better for you...and what is really in them. So for instance there is a page of ice creams that you would see in supermarkets around the USA..and Canada...and it tells you what brands have the best cookie dough ice cream.. The one with the purest ingredients and least fake 'stuff'. I've been completely intrigued. For those of you interested you should pick up the book...its great! For those of you just reading this to be polite...I'll have you over for dinner once I've mastered my skills.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks for putting more paragraph spaces in your post. ;)

I'm so excited to hear more about your cooking passion! I'm definitely buying that book that you mentioned. And once you move back to H-town, we're taking cooking classes together! Or maybe even going to culinary school together...we'll see.

The Prescott's said...

lets plan on that!

Unknown said...

Hahaha it is great to read your blogs. The Prescott news go over the whole world!!!

Mrs. DuPuis said...

So, um... broken toe? Were you going to share a bit more about that? Glad to hear you had a fun time together :) I want to know what kinds of ice cream are the best!