Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Monday, February 2, 2009

Simply Difficult

So I've danced since I was three years old, and because of this career choice have participated in almost every type of 'get in shape' class. I've done bits of Pilate's, tae-bo, aerobics, salsa, and just about any other class you could see being offered at a gym. Surprisingly though today was my very first ever Yoga class. I walked into a beautifully decorated room with four vaporizers adding just a comforting touch of warmth. We started by just laying down on our mats. I have to say that I had heard Yoga was a work out, but who really believes it when you are in a spa like room laying down. I'm not sure what happened in the next 50 minutes, but I barely moved off my mat, stood for only ten minutes maybe, and yet was sweating and gasping for air. It looks easy, and when the demonstrator goes to the position you are tricked in to thinking it is simple. Yeah well here is a warning to all...Its one of the hardest workouts I've ever done. I loved it!!! I'll be going back on Wednesday and kicking this body back into shape!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I knew you'd love it! Glad you found a class to attend. When you're at our house in March, we can do the Wii Fit yoga game and see your mad skills. ;)

Tapley said...

That's great! I love yoga, and have done some classes at our YMCA. It's really challenging (especially if you don't go consistantly). It is great seeing what you guys have been up to! When are you coming back to Houston??