Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Sunday, September 14, 2008

EEEEEEk Ike

It is easy to sit and watch the news and feel very distant from the situations they are reporting on.  This week that was not the case.  I turned on the news Saturday morning and saw streets that I had walked on, driven on, and called home just couple short months ago.  When I was in Houston during Rita I remember people calling me being so worried about my safety.  I was safely evacuated and more attentive to what damage was happening to the city and how I could help than my personal situation.  I didn't experience moments of panic or fear. I was safe and I knew it.  For my parents it was another story.  They only saw the photographs from the newscast and couldn't reach me on my cell.  I finally know how they feel.  Although not blood related, Andy and I have family in Houston.  So to all of you (who we can't reach by phone though we've tried and tried) know that we are praying for you.  I'm sure that you are all safe, but that doesn't mean that your daily lives haven't been affected by this storm.  We love you all.  Let us know how we can pray and if there  is a way for us to help out.  Hope to talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thanks, guys! We love you, too! We've been staying at Mike & Dela's for the last couple of nights because they have power and our house doesn't yet. Josh and Adam will stay here tonight as well (they don't have power either). Thank goodness for good in-laws, and praise the lord that their large house hadn't sold yet--we need all of the space now that we've all moved "back home."

The call coverage is definitely dodgy, but I think Mike & Dela's home phone is back up and running, so maybe you could try calling sometime today or tonight (if you want to). We'll probably ALL be here, so it will be loud. ;)

NOTE for those reading this who don't know the Huss family: The Houston-based Huss family includes Mike & Dela, their 3 sons and 1 daughter-in-law (me). Among all of us, there are 7 dogs (and 6 of them are 50 + pounds).

And that's why we need prayer...hehe!