Map

Locations of Site Visitors

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm back

So this weekend  consisted of 30 hours of dancing for me.  Crazy, but lots of fun.  So I needed a day or two to catch up on life...but now I'm back.  Today we are going to try some 'deep thoughts' from Carla.  No really I've been thinking about something these past few days.  What is prayer and what does it have to do with our lives?  I'm studying Timothy right now and the devotional I am in brings these questions up.  I guess my normal response would be to repeat what I've always known about prayer.  It is talking to God, and so it allows us to thank, ask, repent, and lift up others to God.  I believe all this, but I stopped the other day and questioned my answer.  Yes, prayer is to talk to God, to thank Him, to be real with Him, and allow us access to Him, but it is so much more.  It is time for God to talk to us as well.  It is time for us to lift up others  to Him because we believe that He can work in their lives.  Prayer is done to change us and others.  Do I pray to bring change to my own heart as well as to others lives? Do I pray for my family and friends actually believing that He can heal wounds, soften harden hearts, mend families, and change lives; or do I just pray because I am suppose to?  My devotional actually asked the question, If every other Christian's prayer life was like yours how would this world be changed?  I have to say this convicted me.  I want my prayer life to be a source of change in this world.  I want to pray anticipating that God will respond and that people and families I pray for will be touched.  I guess it is just allowing faith to present itself even more in my prayer life.  To believe my God is big enough to answer.  Just thoughts to ponder.  (For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about...I'd love to explain more...shoot me an e-mail at pcjprescott@gmail.com) 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Great to have you back...and wow--that was powerful and definitely convicting! Thanks for sharing!

If you get the chance, call me tomorrow (Tuesday) evening...